Tons of anti-snoring devices are promising to provide comfort and efficiency but do they really deliver? Here you will learn about SnoreRx and find out if all the buzz concerning this device are purely hype and fictitious. This article details how it works, its features, benefits, drawbacks, and feedback from actual users of the product.
What Is SnoreRx?
SnoreRx is an FDA cleared mouthpiece which is certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. It is designed to treat snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea.
It is a mandibular advancement device that does not employ hardware such as bolts, screws, nuts, wires or springs that put constant pressure in the jaw that may result in pain.
In a nutshell, this anti-snoring solution is equipped with essential features that one should look for when getting an oral appliance – the adjustability, custom impression, and meets established medical standards.
Click here to read more detailed SnoreRx Reviews
How Does It Work?
Like any other mandibular devices, SnoreRx positions the lower jaw slightly forward to keep the airways through your throat free from obstruction, eliminating the vibrations that cause snoring.
However, unlike traditional mouthpieces that use hardware which typically causes jaw pain, gum soreness, and broken or chipped teeth, this device is unique because it is equipped with a feature that allows you to micro calibrate the setting at any time so you get the most comfortable fit.
It is designed with custom impression to prevent tooth movement thereby delivering maximum comfort and clinical effectiveness. What’s more, if future adjustments are necessary, you can reset the settings which is not possible with any other anti-snoring mouthpiece.
As with other stop-snoring devices, wearing SnoreRx requires an adjustment period although it is typically shorter compared to other appliances. The discomfort is similar to that of wearing braces or retainers for the first time. Your jaw, teeth, and gums may feel moderately sore but typically, the adjustment period lasts only 3 to 5 days of consistent use. SnoreRx happens to have an enviable record of safe and effective use without adverse reaction reported by a user as stated on their website.
Features And Benefits
- Micro and thermal fit. Allows precise custom fit and calibration in 1 mm increments which ensures comfort and efficiency.
- Built-in calibrator. Allows you to monitor the changes you make on the settings since it has a clear reading of jaw advancements.
- Posi-lock. Lets you lock in your desired setting but you can unlock it anytime you need to reset it for your comfort.
- Flex Jaw. Enables you to control lateral movement for your utmost comfort.
- V-flow and V-alignment. Enables full airflow through the mouth and positive center alignment.
- Bruxism protection. Prevents you from grinding your teeth while asleep.
- No constant pressure or torsion. Absence of hardware such as screws, nuts, bolts, and springs among others which can trigger jaw, gum, and teeth problems.
- Durable. Lasts about 12 to 15 months with dental quality that ensures lasting comfort.
- Meets medicare standards. Made of FDA cleared materials and medical grade copolymers and components. It has no uncomfortable acrylics.
- FDA cleared and certified by AASM. It is recognized by respected authorities.
- Requires adjustment period. Although designed to deliver maximum comfort, you may still find it awkward and uncomfortable the first few nights of using it.
- Not designed for individuals using dentures. Like most if not all mouthpieces, it is not recommended for denture users.